Note: WordPressDotComBot has been deprecated and replaced with JetpackWP Bot, which offers the same functionality. Visit this post to learn how to set it up.
Ever wished you could share new blog posts to a Telegram channel automatically?
If so, then great news! Starting today, you can follow any WordPress.com blog within Telegram by using WordPressDotCom Bot. Now, you can easily get real-time updates from your favorite bloggers in specific channels, group chats, or DMs, right in the app and with just a few clicks.
How to Use the WordPress.com Bot for Telegram
Whether you want to follow your favorite blogs or share your own posts, the WordPress.com Bot has you covered. Start a new channel and invite readers to follow you there, or automate sharing with an existing channel and add value for your friends and followers. Here are some ideas for inspiration:
- Keep up-to-date with writers you don’t want to miss.
- Share the latest shots from your family photo blog with friends and loved ones.
- Spark conversation about your hobbies and interests in a private channel.
No matter your desired application, WordPressDotCom Bot is easy to use. Visit https://t.me/WordPressDotComBot and click on Send Message to get started, or invite the bot to a channel or group by adding a new member and searching for WordPress.com:
The bot will then automatically share every new post to the desired channel in real time. Your posts will look great with attractive thumbnails too. Take a look at this preview example:
Users can interact with WordPressDotCom Bot with the following commands:
- /follow [url] – This will follow the blog specified in the url
- /unfollow [url] – This will unfollow the blog specified in the url. No more notifications of new posts will be sent.
- /following – This will show a list of all blogs followed.
- /reset – This stops following all blogs via the Telegram bot.
Best of all, WordPress.com Bot is free to use. Try it now.